QR Code Scavenger Hunt
- font size decrease font size increase font size
- Hours: 30min - 1h
- Participants: More than 10
- Methodology: Virtual or Face to Face
Strengthen team communication and activate the communication channels.
- Cell phones equipped to read QR codes (e.g. iPhones, Android-powered devices like the HTC Dream/T-Mobile G1, and the Palm Pre, many Samsung and Sony-Ericsson models, and most Nokia phones).
- paper & tape (or stickers to print the QR codes onto)
This activity requires a bit of prep
Decide on your clues - clues can be a mix of text riddles and websites, or email addresses with auto reponses.
Create QR codes with clues embedded using a generator.
Post the clues around your office, school, or all over your neighborhood or city
Divide the group into teams. Make sure each team has an internet equipped phone that can correctly scan a test QR code (and it's a good idea for each group to have a backup as well). Send them out to scan the codes and solve the puzzles.