Color the Days of the Week
- font size decrease font size increase font size
- Hours: Less than 30 min
- Participants: More than 10
- Methodology: Virtual or Face to Face
Facilitate a cultural exchange between people from different places.
A PC or similar device with conference call capabilities for online collaboration.
- Ask participants to list across the top of their paper the days of the week starting with Monday through Sunday.
- Have participants close their eyes and imagine a color for each day of the week.
- Have participants write the color they identified under each day on their paper.
- Start with Monday and ask for volunteers to share their color and why they selected it. Then proceed to have them share the other days and colors. You can also go around the room and have them share one by one depending on the size of the group.
This activity should show that most people had a different color for each day of the week for different reasons. Some will have the same color for similar reasons. The outcome is to increase team members tolerance for others ideas different than their own; a key attribute to building a strong team.
- What does this activity have to do with teams
- Why is it important to listen to others opinions and ideas?
Published in Cultural exchange